The founder of Annique, Dr Annique Theron, was a pioneer, establishing Annique in 1971. She was also rewarded with several accolades, including:
- 1997: Dr Annique Theron awarded the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)’s International Woman Inventor of 1997 in Geneva, Switzerland for the Annique products
- 2005: ATKV (Afrikaanse Taal- en Kultuurvereniging)’s Icon of the Year Award
Annique has won numerous local and international awards, including:
- 1997: Annique wins two gold medals for the formulation of the Annique Rooibos products from the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)’s International Woman Inventor of 1997 in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1999: Annique’s Sunblock Roll-on wins the Marie Claire Prix d’Excellence Award for the “Most Innovative Product”.
- 2000: Resque Crème wins the Marie Claire Prix d’ Excellence as Most Revolutionary Product.
- 2005: Annique cellulite range receives Marie Claire’s highest recommended Body Care Award.
- 2011: Resque Crème is runner-up in FairLady magazine’s Best of Beauty Awards’ Best South African Product. Resque Mist came fourth in the same category.
Besides awards, Annique’s products also boast:
- Annique's products are endorsed by the Beauty Without Cruelty organisation, ensuring Annique remains an organisation whose products are not tested on animals.
- Annique's Safe in the Sun SPF 30, Sun Safety Aerosol SPF 30 and the Be Wise SPF 50 all have the CANSA Mark of Recognition for preventative sun care…MORE